"The people who give you their food give you their heart" - Cesar Chavez


Thursday, January 7, 2010

Kimchi Quessadilla


I first came across the idea for kimchi quesadillas on the blog Closet Cooking. Not too long ago, I picked up a jar of the Mother-in-Law's Kimchi that I used in my kimchi pancakes. The Taste Tester and I picked up some whole wheat lavash bread. Tortillas would work just as well. Armed with avocados and fontina cheese this dish was very much an experiment that will be repeated.

Ingredients:
Whole wheat lavash bread
Kimchi
Avocado slices
Fontina cheese, grated
Cooking spray

Directions:
1. Spray a little cooking spray on a skillet over medium high heat. Place lavash on the skillet. Add the kimchi on one half of the lavash followed by the avocado slices and the fontina. Fold over the other half of the lavash and flip over to cook on both sides, until cheese is melted and the lavash has browned.

No comments: