"The people who give you their food give you their heart" - Cesar Chavez


Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hummus with Artichoke, Red Pepper and Sun Dried Tomatoes


While I was making dinner, my boyfriend, The Taste Tester, decided to make some hummus. I only put all the possible hummus ingredients on the counter but he completely did it on his own and I was beyond impressed, actually this batch was definitely my favorite! The texture was perfect too. I have a Kitchen Aid food processor and tend to pulse in very short spurts for hummus but it's really a matter of personal preference. One thing is to make sure that you have a spatula on hand to scoop any spices and juices that aren't getting incorporated.

Hummus with Artichoke, Red Pepper and Sun Dried Tomatoes

Ingredients:
1 marinate artichoke heart
1/2 roasted red pepper
2 sun dried tomatoes
5 garlic cloves
1 can of garbanzo beans
1/2 cup juice from garbanzo beans
2 tablespoons tahini
1 tablespoon Sabra's S'chug, hot red pepper mix
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Crushed red pepper flakes

Directions:
1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until you have the desired consistency.

No comments: