"The people who give you their food give you their heart" - Cesar Chavez


Saturday, January 30, 2010

Classic Caesar Salad

Every now and again you just have to get back to your roots and find those foods that remind you of home. For me, one of those foods is caesar salad. My mom used to be a waitress at this sort of fancy restaurant and when she quit she went into the kitchen and tore a page out of the top secret recipe book. She wasn't leaving without that caesar salad recipe. I've never had a caesar salad as good as my mom's but this recipe that I'm about to share isn't the "top secret" recipe from the restaurant, it's actually just an incredible amazing combination of ingredients I picked up at local markets. Ordinarily I wouldn't blog about this since there is really nothing to it, but it tasted so good and crispy and the pictures came out quite nice, that I would feel guilty to not give a shout out to my very quick and easy and very store bought caesar salad.

Ingredients:
1 head romain lettuce, torn
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan, plus more for serving
3-4 rye toast crisps
Whole Foods ceasar dressing

Directions:
1. Put the torn lettuce in a bowl and crumble the rye toast crisps over it. Add the grated parmesan and lightly toss. Just before serving add the ceasar dressing and toss just until incorporated.

No comments: