"The people who give you their food give you their heart" - Cesar Chavez


Saturday, March 3, 2012

Andy's Pies..Fresh From Stuy Town NYC

This post is dedicated to one of the best chefs, and all around person, I know - Andy Duong. An inspiration in the kitchen and a solid friend, this world is lucky to have him. I met Andy my sophomore year in college, and I'm pretty sure our cooking and eating adventures began then and only became more exciting as the years progressed. Even though we live on separate coasts he still keeps me in the know with his cooking adventures. Photo texts from Andy are THE BEST! I like to think I'm one of the first to see his magnificent creations fresh out of the oven. This is what Andy made this month:

Apple Pie with Pecan Streusel topping using a brand new tart pan!
Lemon coconut custard tart with brown sugar whipped cream....um YES PLEASE!

Grapefruit curd pie with caramel meringue...
...sounds like something out of a high end restaurant huh? Nope, it's just Andy's Kitchen which is pretty much the same thing.
And a pic he took at one of my favorite restaurants ever, Fette Sau
 I realize this picture makes it look like gross cafeteria food - but I can promise that it is anything but that!

No comments: