"The people who give you their food give you their heart" - Cesar Chavez


Thursday, March 3, 2011

Andy's Proscuitto, Apple, Pesto Pie

It's been way too long since my last post - and so much good food has happened since! On January 18th, we celebrated my sisters 28th birthday with a pizza party - AND, Andy was visiting from NYC! So I quickly employed Andy to be my co-pilot for my sister's pizza party. We made 10 pizzas (maybe 11) and had quite the little system set up in my mom's kitchen. One of the most popular pizzas was Andy's divine prosciutto creation. We pre-cooked all the crusts (we got the dough from our local pizza shop, always 10x better than store bought), and prepped all the topping items, so we were able to pump out three pizzas at once. It got me thinking that we really could open up an inventive pizza shop one day!

Andy's Prosciutto, Apple, Pesto Pie

Ingredients:
Pesto sauce
1/2 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
Prosciutto
Marscapone cheese
Rosemary
Walnuts
Pizza Dough

Directions:
Pesto - marscapone - apple slices - prosciutto -walnuts - rosemary, you know the drill.

No comments: