"The people who give you their food give you their heart" - Cesar Chavez


Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pesto, Potato and Chicken Sausage Calzone


This is all part of my calzone kick. Every time I make them, I think I'm going to make an extra for my lunch the following day and somehow, between dinner and the next day's lunch, it disappears. I had some left over potatoes so I decided to use them in the calzone for some extra texture and flavor. My friend Andy, makes a great pizza with pesto and potatoes, so naturally, I made this in a calzone.

Ingredients:
Refrigerated pizza dough, I use Trader Joe's garlic herb pizza dough
Pesto sauce
Grated parmesan
Chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1 small potato cut into slices

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, place a pan in the oven.
2. In a pan, over medium high heat, saute the chicken with olive oil, pepper and garlic powder.
3. Roll out dough into small rounds. Spread pesto sauce on roll, leaving a 1/2 inch border all around. Sprinkle the grated parmesan on the half the round, then add the chicken and lastly, the potato slices. Fold over the free dough and seal the edges. Sprinkle some flour on the pan and place the calzone on the pan.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!


No comments: