"The people who give you their food give you their heart" - Cesar Chavez


Monday, March 15, 2010

Rosemary Roasted Potatoes

My boyfriend wasn't feeling well last Monday and one of my best friends, Andy, hurt his ankle at work so I wanted to make a nice, wholesome, healthy comfort food meal for them both. Nothing like a meal made with love to cheer us up from the usual Monday blues. As a side dish to a stuffed chicken which I will share tomorrow, I made roasted potatoes with rosemary and toasted walnuts. The longer the walnuts were in the oven, the crispier they got and the more flavor came out. I highly recommend letting the walnuts turn dark brown/black for their best flavor. I learned a valuable lesson from this dish: potatoes retain a lot of heat and get really hot. I burned my hand on the pan and my gum, biting into the potato too soon.

Rosemary Roasted Potatoes

Ingredients:
New potatoes, halved
Olive oil
Walnuts, chopped
Fresh rosemary, removed from its sprigs
Garlic powder
Fresh ground pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place all the halved potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss with fresh rosemary and walnuts until incorporated. Sprinkle garlic powder and fresh ground pepper over potato mixture. Place on a pan and roast for 35-45 minutes, until white sides of potatoes have darkened and turned crispy with flavor.