Spring Pepper Stir-Fry
(Makes 4-5 generous servings)
5 garlic bulbs, minced
2 red bell peppers, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
3/4 cup sugar snap peas, ends removed
1/2 cup firm tofu, cut into matchsticks
1 fennel bulb, sliced
1/3 cup corn kernels
1. Heat vegetable oil in the wok over medium heat and add the garlic. When garlic is brown and fragrant, add the fennel and stir-fry for 1 minute.
2. Add in the tofu and season with turmeric and a dash of ginger oil. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until tofu starts to brown slightly.
3. Add in the bell peppers, snap peas and corn kernels. Season with more turmeric and garlic powder (optional). Drizzle some fresh lemon juice and the ginger oil over the vegetables.
4. In a separate skillet, over medium high heat, add some olive oil and crack the eggs and scramble until cooked through.
5. Add the scrambled egg to the vegetable stir-fry. Squeeze on some more lemon juice, sprinkle some turmeric. Battam bing batta boom.