"The people who give you their food give you their heart" - Cesar Chavez


Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sweet & Seasonal Bruschetta

For dinner for my friends I prepared a selection of bruschettas for my friends including this sweet version. Inspired by the available items from the Saturday farmer's market at the Embarcadero Ferry Building, whenever I have a few savory appetizers, I always try to fine a way to make one sweet. The thing about bruschetta or crostini is that, if you have good and fresh ingredients, the simplest combinations can be the best. In this case there are four ingredients including the bread.

Sweet & Seasonal Bruschetta

Ingredients:
1 baguette, sliced
1 pear, thinly sliced
Honey

Directions.
1. Toast the baguette slices for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown.
2. Spread the cheese on the toasted slices, layer two pear slices, drizzle some honey. Serve with a glass of red wine.

No comments: