"The people who give you their food give you their heart" - Cesar Chavez


Tuesday, May 18, 2010

NY Restaurant Review: Corner Street Bistro....A-Mazing Burgers

Late last Tuesday night I went with two friends, Katie and Yasemin, to the Corner Bistro in the West Village for what is one of the best burgers I have had in the city. I don't eat burgers all that often so I can't call myself an expert. But these burgers were rediculously delicious. I ordered mine medium rare and with cheese. It was perfect and juicy and thickly sliced tomatoes and pickles made it absolutely wonderful. We shared two plates of fries to have with our burgers. The patties are large, the lettuce is crisp, the buns are slightly grilled. The fries were simple and not too oily. Katie loves bacon and so she ordered the Bistro Burger, which was a cheese burger topped with crisp bacon. Also drool-worthy.
To my knowlegde there is usually a fairly lengthy wait, however you can have some cheap beer in line and the wait will just make your burger taste even more delicious. The atmosphere at Corner Bistro is laid back and unpretentious.

Corner Bistro
331 West 4th Street
New York, NY 10014
(212) 242-9502

1 comment:

ekbenson said...

O My Gosh! Those burgers look so good! I got hungry the moment I looked at the blog!