"The people who give you their food give you their heart" - Cesar Chavez


Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ricotta Strawberry Spread

Whenever I am preparing a nice meal, I like to have something for folks to nosh on...because I'm almost always later than expected with serving up a meal. At a recent pot-luck meet up a guy brought this delicious salad that was just ricotta cheese with sliced strawberries. Strawberries are in season now and absolutely delicious! I served it with these yummy whole grain flax seed crackers. This salad is super easy to make, looks pretty and always impresses people because few actually expect this as an appetizer. It's perfect with a glass of white wine. I made this as something for my mom and I as I was making her birthday dinner. It was the perfect snack. The strawberries I picked up at the farmer's market. California has amazing strawberries! 

Ricotta Strawberry Spread
Fresh ricotta cheese
Strawberries, quartered

Mix the two in a bowl. Serve alone or with crackers. 
Variations: If you want to get really fancy you can drizzle on a little lemon olive oil or honey. 

With homemade crackers

No comments: