"The people who give you their food give you their heart" - Cesar Chavez


Monday, June 14, 2010

Best Cuban Sandwhich: Kuba Kuba

My good friend has been telling me about Kuba Kuba forever. This place was the best Cuban food he ever had and I was determined to try it at some point. While in Richmond for his friends' wedding we got to go to Kupa Kupa for lunch and so we shared their classic Cubano sandwich served with a side of tostones and a couple of 7 ounce Miller High Life ponies to wash it all down. I can't say that I've had many Cuban sandwiches in my life, but I can say that this was delicious! The roast pork was melt-in-your-mouth tender, the Smithfield ham had that perfect subtle salty flavor, the Swiss cheese was wonderfully melted over the sides and the pickles added the perfect amount of crunch and the hot pressed Kuban bread was very soft with a slight crunchy crust. This entire sandwich was only $6.95, which, when compared to Manhattan prices, is a steal. And here are the adorable 7 ounce beverages:
Kuba Kuba
http://www.kubakuba.info/
1601 Park Avenue
Richmond, VA
804-355-8817

No comments: